We said a fond farewell to Australia and landed in Christchurch. We had just come from tropical Cairns and got some shock when we got out of the airport in Christchurch. We rushed to the shops to buy hats and gloves. Over the next 3-4 weeks we traveled from the southern island all the way to (and past) Auckland on the northern island. If you haven't been to New Zealand then get your ass there straight away. Its a beautiful country. Had I known what New Zealand was going to be like...then I would have spent my 6 months there!!!! Great spot, second on my list of "most beautiful countries".....
- Park around Mt Somers on the southen Island
- Lake Tekapo and Pukaki and of course Mt Cook!
- Queenstown, great spot
- Ben Lomond in Queenstown, 1748m good climb
- "The Remarkables"
- Milford Sound....or Jurassic Park!
- Franz Josef
- Lake Taupo, Tongariro National Park
- Rotarua..aka "Stinkville"
- Bagend and The Shire